What you will need:
1.75 yards of 1/8th inch wide satin ribbon in two colors
Hot glue gun
Large button at least 1” in diameter
- Cut 14 pieces of each color ribbon into 4.5” strips.
- Tie a knot in each piece of ribbon, directly in the center of the ribbon, fig 2.
- Cut two pieces of felt in a circle with a 1.5” diameter, fig 3.
- Using one of the felt circles as a backing, take the ribbon and fold it in half gluing the cut edges to the base felt as seen in fig. 4.
- Keep gluing all the ribbon petals around the edge of the circular base. Try placing the ribbon so you do not see the felt backing, fig. 5. (Note: I layered my color ribbon by placing all the darker ribbon down first then gluing the lighter ribbon to the top)
- After all the petals are in place glue the button to make the center of the daisy, fig. 6.
- Hot glue the back of the flower approximately 3” from a bottom prong of the headband, see fig. 7.
- Take the second piece of felt and hot glue one side. Place the glued circle on the back of the flower, sandwiching the headband between the two pieces of felt. Press firmly on the back until glue cools, fig. 8.